Interested in joining us? Kinnls is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to further your career as part of a dynamic team.
Designer will assist Design Director with all product design and development for all Kinnls products. Role emphasis will be on textile/technical design and product development. Designer will follow all products through the Product Design and Development process (PD&D) in tandem with Sourcing team, to ensure design accuracy and integrity at all design and development touch points.
- Generate original designs based on director's lead for products including but not limited to rugs, bedding, soft goods, beach and bath.
- Sharp eye for color and ability to pass comments accurately and effectively for all products seasonally.
- Thorough development review and inspection for all textile categories.
- Relay product specific details and inspiration to web, copy writing and merchandising teams.
- Support CDO and Director by researching artwork, developing colorways, and pulling inspiration tears and materials for seasonal concepts.
- React with urgency when responding to shifting strategies and needs.
- Maintaining the S&L identity through original designs while simultaneously pushing the brand aesthetic forward.
- Highly motivated in moving product along from initial spec out to postproduction.
- Manage textile library and continue to research for new innovations.
- Highly efficient in generating technical specs in Adobe Illustrator and Backbone.
- Own BOM (Bill of Materials) Handoff from Design to Sourcing.
- Own the PD&D process, seeing product from BOM through sampling and production, to ensure design consistency and product integrity.
- Communicate with factories and agents to ensure product integrity through the production process.
- Manage relationship with CAD and Spec designers in construction/revision for production purposes.
- Manage BOM write-ups for each season and all developments involved,including all artwork production not completed by CAD designer.
- Stay up to date with calendar milestones and changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has an ability to listen well and follow direction.
- Is able to prioritize work and juggle multiple tasks.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships.
- Is able to complete multiple projects and assignments on time despite tight time restraints.
- Is persistent and a self-starter.
- Seeks assistance when faced with obstacles.
- Demonstrates initiative and follow through.
- Is able to work in a fast-paced creative team environment.
- 3-5 years of Textiles Design and Development experience.
- Deep rooted understanding of home textile industry, fabrications and constructions.
- Proficient in Adobe suite with emphasis on photoshop, illustrator and excel.
- BA in textile design/product design.
- Textile prototyping skills a plus: knit, embroidery, applique, crafting etc.
- Ability to work in person in Sausalito, CA this is not a remote role.
You'll feel right at home at Kinnls
If you have a passion for style, a drive for excellence, and outstanding communication skills; if you love to work with people as much as you love to work with fabrics and finishes, or facts and figures; if you want a career you love while working with creative, innovative, and inspiring people from all kinds of backgrounds
Tel:+1 (213) 723-8550